Sunday 1 September 2013

Daddy's 61st birthday...

This year, the important man in my life turns 61! My dad loves to draw (hopefully I did inherit some of his artistic talent) and last year, he actually had a birthday party / art exhibition whereby he invited his relatives and friends to showcase his drawings. We named it 分享 and it literally means to share his drawings. Here are some of the pictures last year where the party/exhibition was a blast!

My dad's drawings where he loves to draw sceneries.

More drawings.

The birthday "boy"!

My family.
If you have noticed, the cake was customized and done by me last year while I was still figuring out how to work with fondant and gumpaste.
My creation.
It was a very big and heavy cake and I specially created the image on powerpoint and sent it to B-I-Y (the place where I had my first lesson on decorating cakes) to have the image printed on icing. So what I had to do is just to cover the cake with fondant and place the icing image on top. However, with no knowledge on how to cover a square cake (and huge one for this), I had some difficulties and struggled with it. In the end, the sides were very untidy. In addition, I placed the cake in the fridge and in the end the cake was "perspiring" when we took it out and it was very hard to cut. But nevertheless, it was my first attempt on such a big cake and at least it still looks presentable (self-comforting).

Enough of the past. This year, we had 分享(2). So once again, it is to showcase his drawings for the past year.

His drawings for the past 1 yr where he focused more on drawing people.
And again, the task of creating the birthday cake lies on me. Besides drawing, my dad loves to play golf. So this year, I decided to make a golf cake for him.

The old man aiming to putt the ball.
Golf cupcakes to surround the cake.

The final product with a hole 61 flag.
My dad invited some of his friends who play golf with him and they think that the cake is funny and ask if my dad really putts this way. LOL.

Happy Birthday Daddy!
My family.


My no.1 supporter first to take the cupcake.

Me and my creation.
How time flies and 1 year has passed. Looking back at the photos last year, we all have changed somehow. My dad's drawings have improved and my cake have improved too (self-proclaimed). LOL. Hoping for a better year ahead with more improvements and progress and wish my Daddy good health and happiness. Happy Birthday DAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment