Sunday 1 September 2013

Baby Minnie cake and cupcakes set...

This is an order from Yan Ling who is celebrating her daughter's 1st birthday. She wanted a baby minnie theme and likes to have the cake in polka dots. At first I wanted to search for a baby minnie figurine and place it on the cake but after much effort in searching, I still cannot find it. Therefore, I decided to place a minnie head on the cake instead.

Baby minnie cake with cupcakes.
 I had a hard time making the minnie head. As I wanted it to be dome shaped, I crumbled the cake and sculpted it into a dome shape (using the cake pop method) and placed it in the fridge. However, as the cake is too cold, while I covered it with fondant, the fondant starts to "perspire". And when I place the ribbon and the ears on it, they start to slide off as the head is "wet". Therefore, it took me quite sometime where I inserted lots of toothpicks into the cake to stabilise the structure.

The cupcakes around the cake.

Baby minnie cupcakes.
Nevertheless, the cake and cupcakes are done and hope Yan Ling's daughter had a terrific 1st year birthday party! Check out the party below:




No comments:

Post a Comment