Thursday 8 August 2013

Princess Cinderella Castle Cake...

An order came from my neighbour Pey Ling who's daughter, Joyce, is celebrating her 4th birthday. She actually wanted 2 cakes, one for her party at home and the other for her party in school. So for the birthday party at home, she wanted a Princess Cinderella theme and thus I suggested a castle cake for her (I once made a castle cake for Sophie's 6th birthday in my previous post). Therefore she decided on a 6" and 8" castle cake with a Cinderella figurine on top. As they preferred pastel colours, I've changed the colour theme to ivory and baby pink instead.


It actually took me quite some time to find the Cinderella figurine and this actually came with the mouse (I forgot her name) and is a collectible edition. This is really a cake that requires lots of effort and it took me 6 hours to complete the decoration. So for the decorations, I placed vines and flowers on the castle which is ivory based. I also placed a pillow under Cinderella's heel to prop it upright as it was looking downwards and I wanted to make it look straight instead. I hard a hard time making the base of the cone as it was too soft and is not able to harden. But thinking that the ice cream cone is not very heavy, the base should be able to withstand its weight. However I was wrong, hours after the cake was delivered, one of the cone actually came off as the base kind of soften and tilt to a side. I'm really apologetic but luckily the cone can be placed right back and the cake is still in a good shape thereafter. But this is really a good lesson learnt for me whereby next time I have to make sure that the base is sturdy enough to withstand the weight. I'm really sorry about it but luckily the party still went on smoothly. Thank god!

The mouse on the castle.

Happy Birthday Joyce!

Complimentary lemon cheese cupcakes!
Therefore part 1 of Joyce's 4th birthday party is done! Stay tuned for part 2 of her birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment