Saturday 3 August 2013

Monkeys and crocodile cake...

This is an order from Jeremy who wants to celebrate the birthday of the Aug babies with his group of friends for 20 yrs since secondary school (you can roughly guess his age). Anyway, he was going around the theme of being ridiculous and illogical (crap) and there came about this idea of having a crocodile carrying two monkeys on its back. And to add on, the crocodile will be swimming in a pool instead. Ok, this really sounds like a crappy idea but it feels fun and challenging at the same time since the idea is totally out of the box and won't be able to come out from my "logical" mind. So I started out with the molding of the crocodile first.

I wanna bite you!
The body of the crocodile is quite easy to mold but the more tedious part is actually the teeth where I have to stick it on one by one. I left the spikes in the middle empty as the monkeys will sit on the body of the crocodile later on. I thought it looks rather cute and I'm quite happy with it. Next on are the monkeys. I actually went online to search for a tutorial on how to make the monkeys and following the steps, the monkeys are out. Thanks for the tutorial!

Don't the monkeys look cute but a bit retarded?
As Jeremy requested for female monkeys, thus I placed two ribbons on their hair to indicate their gender. And to make them look like best friends, I had their hands placed on each others' shoulders and also one of the monkey's hand on the crocodile's head. And that's it, the main leads of the cake are done!

Next up is the swimming pool which I just covered the cake in blue fondant and then placed white fondant across the side which I drew lines on it to make them look like white tiles. I also placed a ladder at the back of the pool which is blocked by the monkeys. And tadah, the cake is complete!


Monkeys happily sitting on the crocodile.
Best buddies forever!
The cake was a hit at the party and somehow the crocodile became a dinosaur! Oh my! But glad they like it and had fun!


Dinosaur or crocodile?

No comments:

Post a Comment