Thursday 22 August 2013

Jembakes does charity again!!!

As my friends know, I'm not a full time baker although I will sometimes proclaim that I'm a full-time baker, part-time worker. LOL. So, I'm actually working in a foreign bank that doesn't sleep (although I do get to sleep a lot). And our department is having a charity food sale this week to help the needy and I've volunteered to make cupcakes for the sale as that's my forte (and only thing that I know how to do). There comes the minion cupcakes which I have previously made for this charity event that I have been saying. My boss suggested sending out emailers for pre-orders to test the "market" and to our surprise, the response is really good and we managed to collect up to $1000 donations for the needy. But, that aside, it will also mean that I have to make 100 plus cupcakes for this event. Therefore, I started making my minions a few days in advance everyday after work, with the help of my mummy. Thanks a lot!
My workplace for the week!

 Minions eyes staring at me.
So after getting the minions ready, it's time to assemble them!




Minions in their new home!


The different expressions of the minions.
2 big boxes of orders!
And finally I'm done with all the orders! A huge relief and tiresome week with orders all packed together again. But nevertheless, feel good that I've done my part for charity!

Check out our last charity event here :
http://jembakes.blogspot.sg/2013/07/barclays-charity-bake-sale.html

No comments:

Post a Comment