Saturday 20 July 2013

Sushi cake for sushi lovers!

This post is dedicated to all sushi lovers and I'm certainly one of them. And to add on, my sis and her bf are definitely jap food lovers where it is considered comfort food for them. So, to celebrate her bf's ??th birthday, she wanted a sushi cake for him! Was thinking of making real sushi and just put it on the cake but it is more tedious and the cake and sushi may not blend well. Therefore, fondant and gumpaste is still the best solution for the modeling of the sushi. It is a small cake to start with so I just decided on a few variety of sushi which is common and is also my favourites.


Can you guess what are the sushis on it?
While I was molding the sushi it really feels like I'm making real sushi. Haha... But ops. I think I have gotten my wasabi plate and chopsticks a bit out of porportion! But it's ok, the birthday boy still enjoys it!
The birthday boy with the cake..
The sushi lovers!
 So the birthday surprise and celebration ended well with the cake and mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment