Sunday 28 July 2013

Despicable me minion cake...

With the coming out of Despicable Me 2, the craze for the minions start again! From the big minion at the Cathays to the Mac happy meal toy, everybody is crazy over them. I personally loves them too and have watched the movie. I still remember the "gelato" and the "underwear" and stuffs. It was so comical and cute. Therefore, I wanted to try my hands on making some despicable me related cake or cupcakes too. Thankfully, my Da Jie gave me the chance where she wanted to celebrate her friend, Weili's birthday with a despicable me cake. Therefore, I started off with my creation!


Mee doh mee doh mee doh.
To create the height of the minion, I baked two 5" round cake and layered them together. However, without experience in covering cake with such a height, it was quite a mess when I covered it with fondant and the bottom was untidy. Luckily I have the minion working blue suit to cover the untidiness and stuffs. Also, to create a rounded head, I did not level off my cake which had rise unevenly. But then again, because of that, the minion head looks uneven. I shall make it a point to level it off the next time. In addition, I used the silver paint to paint the spectacles of the minion but the silver colour is not very prominent. I shall use the silver spray to get the metallic silver colour next time. All in all, it was quite a successful first attempt but there is still lots of room for improvements where I can already pinpoint a few when I was doing it. But at least it is still recognizable as a minion right? Hahaha.

Happy Birthday Weili! Hope the minion have worked its wonder and help to make your birthday wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment