Wednesday 17 July 2013

A Cat In A Hat Party...

With the skills and techniques that I have learnt from the course, I am so excited to try them on and first up is my nephew's 4th birthday. Being a cat in a hat lover, his mum decided to have a cat in a hat party for this little boy. And this is the time for me to apply what I have learnt! But the first issue that I faced was, I didn't even know what is cat in a hat! Hahaha.. Had to look through his books to know how it looks like and to find ideas for the design of the cake. For those of you who are like me, here is a picture of cat in a hat.
Apparently, its icon is its white and red stripes hat and it makes my design much easier where I just have to make those hats. And therefore, I started off with preparing these toppers for the cake and cupcakes.
The red is really hard to dye and my hands are all red from dyeing it like how ppl dye red eggs
  

As the little boy is having two celebrations, one in school and one at pollywogs, two cakes are requested from his mummy and that means I have to think of two designs! But luckily my sis bought a Dr Seuss cake topper which make my decorating much easier.
An 8" round moist chocolate cake for the celebration in school
Cupcakes for the celebration in pollywogs

Cake for the celebration in pollywogs too. Had a hard time making the words stand
The celebrations were very successful and the kids love the cupcakes, especially eating the whole hat off the cupcakes which I think scare off some of the parents where it may be too sweet for some ppl's liking. Hahaha. Anyway, I think this is quite a successful first attempt and stay tune for more! Here are some pictures of the fun party we had!
The cake and cupcakes for the occasion. And also tried to make some cakepops on the right.
The birthday boy and his friends enjoying the party!

Wayne and his cake. Cake cutting time!!












No comments:

Post a Comment